LoveyBums Hand Painted Organic Fitted Diaper Review and Giveaway!
LoveyBums diapers are ALL pretty much organic, natural fabrics, and all their fabrics and products are made in the USA with US-produced fabric! WOW! Not to mention, they’re unique with their extra special embroidery or hand painted art on them! When I showed some friends and family the diapers, they called them “designer diapers” and that’s what I think they are, natural designer diapers, the best kind there is!
So little can I say, I contacted LoveyBums and talked to Pam!
I was so excited to get our LoveyBums diaper in the mail. How many people can say they enjoy checking the mail? I do! Especially when I get cute little packages in the mail like I do from LoveyBums! The diaper came in a netted bag tied at the top with a ribbon and you could see the hand painted design through the bag, it was very nicely put together. This bag is of course in SAP’s toybox as she tends to claim any interesting little thing, especially the packaging I get in the mail!
I had told Pam I wanted a gender neutral design as I try to stay gender neutral if possible, not knowing if the next baby will be a boy or girl, and the design that I ended up getting was a very cute blue moon with three yellow stars shining on it! And it’s well painted too, not just blue and yellow, but different shades of paint, very well done! To match the pretty painting on the backside of the diaper, all the stitching is done with blue thread on the outside, natural color on the inside, and the snaps are the same way too, blue for outside snaps, and the inside snaps that snap in the soaker pad are a natural cream color. Very appealing!
One thing I look for when I get a snap diaper is if the snaps come in contact with baby at all or if they are covered by fabric on the inside so that they don’t touch baby, only soft fabric does, and LoveyBums does think of this, not one snap come s in contact with baby! Not waist adjustment snaps, not soaker snaps, none! Thanks for considering this in your design!
On the bottom right of the diaper, do you see how the back of the plastic snaps aren’t showing but are hidden under fabric? And the 3 plastic snaps for the soaker will be covered by the soaker! Great!
So I got my diaper in the mail, but had to get it in the wash and get it ready to use! LoveyBums does pre-wash their natural fabrics before sewing their diapers, but all natural fabrics still take a while to lose their natural oils and it can take several washes to get them as absorbent as they should be. So before using this diaper I pre-washed it 3 times on hot with some Pumpkin Crunch scented classic rock from Rockin’ Green, then hang-dried it (yes you can use the dryer on your LoveyBums but I choose to hang-dry my diapers). I was quite nervous to wash it the first time, with the hand painting on the bum, I was afraid washing it would ruin it, it wouldn’t hold up to the hot water or detergent, something would happen…nope, I worried for nothing, as it came out just the same!Got it prepped, and put it on SAP’s bum! So cute!
I loved it! I’ve used this diaper at home and let her run around in it without a cover, it is very absorbent and holds everything in very well. We even use it on her when she’s in the mood for playing dress up! lol What do you think of this cute little ensemble with the hand painted diaper?! 🙂 Cute!We have had no leaks at all at home using it by itself, nor when we went camping or out to the store and used it with a wool cover or Thirsties cover, and yes, she did “put it to the test” and did her duty in her pretty diaper the second time only she was wearing it and it did very well, was even pretty easy to clean off since the soaker snaps in , you can snap it out and spray it off!
I am very impressed with this diaper. I believe every cloth diapering family has “their diaper”, the diaper that they find works best for their baby, fits their morals or personality best, is easiest for that particular person to use, that type of thing. For SAPsDaDa that’s GoodMama Sassy Tinkerbell diaper for his little girl, for me, it’s SAP’s LoveyBums diaper! Natural fabric, made in the USA, such a beautiful hand painted design on the bum, and well made, I’ve found the diaper that has everything I have been looking for in a diaper! This is SAPsMaMa’s type of diaper!
So to go over some pros and cons, as always. No diaper is perfect, and some are difficult to come up with cons for but I always do, there is always room for improvement! 🙂
Pros, I love the natural fabrics, how well constructed and how functional this diaper is, the hand painting on the bum, that it’s made in USA with US fabrics, and how it doesn’t leak! I think I’ve mentioned all that before but thought I’d say it all again anyway 🙂 I also love how the insert is so soft, and the fabric stays soft, not a lot of organic fabric can do that. Also, the insert is snapped in with three snaps (not touching baby, hidden in fabric), and it stays in place, doesn’t move around, very nice! Also unsnaps for easy cleaning when I had to spray off SAP’s diaper, worked out good. This diaper also is pretty trim, not bulky at all, when I fold it and put it in my diaper bin I’m always surprised how thin it is compared to my other natural fabric diapers that are all fluffy! lol
Cons, there are a couple cons, just some little stuff. One is how you have to snap. There is one row of snaps and three snaps on each side, which is great to prevent wing droop and getting a nice secure fit. However, you have to stay even on each side when you snap otherwise you get a little extra flap of fabric. For example, if you start on the second snap on the left side, start on the second snap on the left side as well. The snaps do over lap well if you snap evenly from both sides. However, SAP is just between sizes. So we tried to snap starting on the first snap from the left side and second snap from the right side….didn’t work too well. Either we had to stretch the final snap to snap it down and it would then be too tight anyway or you’d use the snap you should pass and get an extra flap of fabric.
Here’s some pictures to explain a bit better:
Here you can see all the snaps for adjustment. Three snaps on each side, and on the left you can also see two additional snaps on the wing facing the other direction which make it so you can overlap the wings for a tighter fit!
However, if you start one side on the first snap, the other side on the second snap, then you get this little problem where the snaps don’t line up perfectly. In this picture you can see that the snap that I would be snapping in with the left wing is taken up by the snap from the right wing.
With SAP’s body changing so quickly as most babies do it’s not a big deal, she probably won’t be in this snap pattern for too long, but it is a bit annoying. Just remember to snap evenly from both sides! Hope this helped you if you have a similar situation with your baby, no worries, the diaper works perfect, just will have a bitty fabric tab!
Besides that, the only other thing I have as a con for this diaper is the tag on it. I don’t like tags that much, kind of irritate my OCD a bit, and this one sticks out the back! Maybe it could be sewn down on the back a bit differently and it won’t stick out so much? But some companies want this so that the tag sticks out the back of the baby pants, free cute baby butt advertisement! lol. But I like mine flesh with the diaper if possible, and this one sticks out. Again, a personal con, nothing that would impact the functionality of this diaper!
So now that you heard about our wonderful experience with the LoveyBums diaper, how about we learn a little bit about LoveyBums themselves!
LoveyBums is a great company that has been around since 2003. They are WAHM and everything is made in the US with US fabrics! They l ove to offer families natural/organic options for cloth diapering, yet choices too! They have organic budget diapers as well as organic/natural embellished diapers (like my hand painted fitted LoveyBums!) so you can choose what you’d like yet cloth diaper naturally like you want!
They offer a wide variety of diapers and diapering products, from their organic budget diapers….
One very lucky SAPsMaMa follower will win a LoveyBums Hand Painted Organic Fitted Diaper in winner’s choice of size!
- You must be a SAPsMaMa Google Friend Connect follower to enter this giveaway!
- You must leave your email in each comment/entry! You may leave your email in the ” email at host dot com ” format if you would like to deter spam bots, but your email MUST be included for your entry to count!
- Mandatory entry must be completed before any other entries!
- Leave a separate comment for each entry in order for all entries to be counted (i.e. if something is worth 2 entries, please leave two comments, and please label #1 and #2, etc.)
- If you need clarification on how to complete one of the entries, feel free to contact me and I’ll be happy to help!
- I will check each comment entry! So please be fair and only enter for entries you qualify for!
Mandatory Entry! (Must be completed BEFORE any extra entries!)
You must follow SAPsMaMa PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect!
Head on over to the LoveyBums Website and tell me which Hand Painted Organic Fitted Diaper is your favorite, and what size your little one would need!
This mandatory entry is worth 2 Entries, and you must do BOTH these things!
- Read the LoveyBums Hand Painted Fitted Diaper Complete Review and answer these questions, 1 extra entry per question answered! All answers should be pretty obvious, these are not trick questions! 🙂 Make sure to put a separate comment for each entry!
1. What materials is this diaper (including soaker pad) made out of? (1 Entry)
2. How Similar is this diaper to disposable diapers? Explain. (1 Entry)
3. When I first got the LoveyBums diaper in the mail, what detergent did I use to pre-wash it in, and how many times did I Pre-wash it? (1 Entry)
4. In our cloth diapering family, what is “SAPsMaMa’s Diaper” and what is “SAPsDaDa’s Diaper”, in relation to which diaper is our favorite/fits our personality best? (1 Entry)
- What is your favorite feature of the LoveyBums Hand Painted Organic Fitted Diaper? (1 Entry)
- Besides the hand painted organic fitted diaper I reviewed, what is your favorite diaper at LoveyBums that you would just LOVE to try?! (1 Entry)
- LoveyBums offers other products besides diapers! What other product made by LoveyBums would you Love to try?! (1 Entry)
- If you could design a hand painted diaper, what would the painting be on the bum? (1 Entry)
- If your blog is Carbon Neutral, you get an extra entry! Please leave your link to your blog! You can learn how to do this on my blog post My Blog is Carbon Neutral, Is YOURS?! (1 Entries)
- If you made a donation of any amount to the Cloth Diaper Foundation you get 10 extra entries! Learn details on how to do this on my recent post The Ying and Yang of Life and Help The Cloth Diaper Foundation Please! It’s a great cause! (10 Entries)
- Like SAPsMaMa on Facebook! Please leave your Facebook name or at least your first initial and last name for me to verify. (2 Entries!)
- Follow @SAPsMaMa on Twitter! Please leave your twitter handle! (1 Entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway! You may tweet daily!
You may use: Cloth diaper naturally with a Hand Painted Organic LoveyBums #clothdiapers! #Win 1 from @SAPsMaMa #giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/2faqyjh
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa via RSS Feedburner! (1 Entry)
- Change your Facebook status to link to this giveaway! Please leave the URL to your status in your entry! You may do this once a day! (1 Entry)
- Enter any of my other CURRENT giveaways! (1 Entry Each!)
- If you guessed this review correctly on SAPsMaMa’s Facebook Fan Page (Sarah!), you get 5 extra entries! Be sure to like SAPsMaMa on facebook and have a chance at each giveaway at extra entries! (5 Entries)
- If you participated in my little guessing game for this review/giveaway you get 1 extra entry! Only 3 participants this time, hope everyone will catch on to this little game, it’s fun and you get extra entries! (1 Entry)
There are lots of ways to enter this giveaway, do remember I verify every entry comment! I Good Luck to everyone, I can’t wait to pick a winner to get this wonderful diaper for their little one! 🙂
The product(s) provided for the review were sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. The opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Giveaway is open to US and Canada. Giveaway will end Sept. 1st @ 11:59 PM (CST). Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond after I contact via email. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck and thank you for supporting SAPsMaMa!
Thank you so much to LoveyBums for providing the Hand Painted Organic Fitted diaper for this review/giveaway! Working with you has been a pleasure! 🙂