Her Majesty’s Closet Review and Giveaway!
I love WAHM business, and their awesome products! I was fortunate enough to review the Fleece AIO Diaper from Her Majesty’s Closet, and she even sent me some great wipes to review too!
Want to know all about the Fleece AIO diaper I reviewed? Read the complete review HERE!
What SAPsMaMa LOVES about the Fleece AIO Cloth Diaper!
- Breathable diaper! So less diaper rash!
- Doesn’t take any longer to dry than my other AIO diapers (air dry)
- Personalized with the fabrics and patterns YOU love!
- Fit is wonderful! No leaks!
- Best of both worlds! Easy to use and in one piece like a disposable diaper, but unique, personalized, breathable, chemical free, and adorable, very unlike a disposable diaper! All the good in my opinion!
- You can feel when baby’s diaper is wet through the fleece so you know when to change them and they’re not sitting in a yucky diaper!
- Great price for a quality and unique diaper
Disadvantages of the Fleece AIO Cloth Diaper!
- Our daycare was not comfortable using fleece cover diapers.
- No keep-baby-dry layer
Suggestions for Improvement of Fleece AIO Cloth Daiper!
- I’d like the Velcro tabs to stick out less! Think this is personal preference, but it could entice a stripping toddler also 🙂
- Possibility of snaps instead of Velcro for closures!
- Improved, larger laundry tabs that hold the Velcro better in the wash.
SAP’s Story: Her Majesty’s Closet Cloth Wipes!
With my review of the Fleece AIO diaper the Her Majesty’s Closet makes, I was also sent a couple of their cloth wipes as a surprise! I was happy and excited to test them out since we were short wipes and had not time to sew up some more, plus we had only flannel wipes, these wipes Her Majesty’s Closet makes were terry and fleece! Completely different, and I looked forward to seeing how they compared to our regular ones!
At first hubby was reluctant to use them in the wipes container when he made the wet wipes (he’s the most excellent wipe maker!), he didn’t like that they were too long for the container (they are 9.5in x 4.5 in) and bulkier compared to the other ones so they took up more room. I made him do it anyway lol. They worked out well as wet wipes, especially when SAP had a mighty poopoo, the terry just grabbed everything and we didn’t need as many wipes as usual, so there’s a plus!
Since hubby still wasn’t sold on using them in the traditional wet wipe method we had always done, I spoke with Melissa at Her Majesty’s Closet and got her opinion on how she uses them. With her advise we tried a different method: spritzing the dry wipe with a wipe solution before using it! This worked decently since the terry soaked up the solution well instead of it running off like it does for our flannel wipes when they’re newer, but I like the wet wipe method, so had hubby go back to that lol. One thing Melissa did point out that I too do like about these wipes is that the back is fleece so, if you spritz it instead of using wet wipe method, your hands never get wet! The fleece will keep them dry! And with two different fabrics it’s quite easy to know which side you wiped with so you never touch a yucky side, always a plus!
I like the wipes, they have their place in our wipes collection and are a good addition to help with our diaper changes! They’ve held up well durability wise, are well sew, don’t fray at all, and I love that they match SAP’s diaper! I always feel obligated to use these wipes whenever I change her fleece AIO diaper so they match, I know, weird right? lol. It makes me smile though 🙂
What SAPsMaMa LOVEs about the Her Majesty’s Closet Cloth Wipes!
- Match my Fleece AIO cloth diaper from Her Majesty’s closet!
- The terry cleans SAP’s bum really well!
- The fleece keeps your hands dry if you spritz the wipe instead of using wet wipe method!
- Well sewn!
Suggestions for Improvement for the HMC Cloth Wipes: There’s Always Room For Improvement!
- A more traditional 8×8 wipe that would fit in a normal wipe box for use with wet wipe method would be great!
- Or, since these wipes are thicker than flannel wipes, just making the wipe 8 in long instead of 9.5 in long would ensure they fit in the container well without taking up more room in the wipes container!
***I just checked out Her Majesty’s Closet Etsy shop and Melissa did make some changes to the cloth wipes! They are now about 5×8 in, so will fit well in your wipes containers! Awesome job Melissa! 🙂 Makes me happy! ***
About Her Majesty’s Closet:
We are a small WAHM endeavor created in honor of our daughter, our little Queen of Hearts. We promote natural and attachment parenting and strive to provide support for those seeking this path as well as products worthy of Her Majesty’s Closet!!!
Her Majesty’s closet makes hand made items from cloth diapers to un-paper towels! I love the idea of their Uplifting blanket too, thinking perfect baby shower gift!
One of Melissa’s OS Fitted Cloth Diapers she made! Cute!
Customers who are BCIA friends will get an automatic $10 Gift Certificate and BCIA Champions will get a $25 Gift Certificate!! Just forward your membership receipt to Melissa at
Want another reason to order from Her Majesty’s Closet? This month of October Melissa will be donating half of all proceeds from all orders in October to BCIA!!! So you will be helping a good cause! Just another excuse for more fluff to get hubby to give the ok, right!? 🙂
Melissa at Her Majesty’s Closet has given my followers the chance to win a choice of either 6 cloth wipes OR a fitted cloth diaper, both hand made by her!
- You must be a SAPsMaMa Google Friend Connect follower PUBLICLY to enter this giveaway!
- You must leave your email in each comment/entry! You may leave your email in the ” email at host dot com ” format if you would like to deter spam bots, but your email MUST be included for your entry to count!
- Mandatory entry must be completed before any other entries!
- Leave a separate comment for each entry in order for all entries to be counted (i.e. if something is worth 2 entries, please leave two comments, and please label #1 and #2, etc.)
- If you need clarification on how to complete one of the entries, feel free to contact me and I’ll be happy to help!
- I will check each comment entry! So please be fair and only enter for entries you qualify for!
Mandatory Entry! (Must be completed BEFORE any extra entries!)
You must follow SAPsMaMa PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect!
Head on over to Her Majesty’s Closet of Facebook and like her Facebook fan page! It’s that easy!
This mandatory entry is worth 2 Entries, and you must do BOTH these things!
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa through Email!! (2 Entries) NEW!! Upper right sidebar.
- Comment on Her Majesty’s Closet Facebook Page, tagging SAPsMaMa: Natural Parenting in the Modern World in the comment! Comment here with your facebook last name and first letter of first name to get entry! (1 Entry)
- “Heart” (favorite) Her Majesty’s Closet on Etsy! (1 Entry) Please leave Etsy name in entry comment.
- Make a purchase from Her Majesty’s Closet! Email order number to mphin278 at yahoo dot com (10 Entries) More items are located on Melissa’s Facebook fan page and she can do custom work too!
- Tell me what you’d choose, the fitted diaper or the cloth wipes, if you won! (1 Entry)
- Head over to Her Majesty’s Closet Facebook Fan Page and/or Etsy shop and tell me your favorite item or what you’d be most interested in learning more about/purchasing!
- Tweet about the giveaway! You may tweet once per day, 1 entry each day! You may use this tweet if you would like: Win a Her Majesty’s Closet fitted diaper or 6 cloth wipes from @SAPsMaMa! Awesome stuff! Ends 11/12 http://tinyurl.com/3733chc
- Like SAPsMaMa on Facebook! Please leave your Facebook name or at least your first initial and last name for me to verify. (2 Entries!)
- Follow @SAPsMaMa on Twitter! Please leave your twitter handle! (1 Entry)
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa via RSS Feedburner! (1 Entry)
- Enter any of my other CURRENT giveaways! (1 Entry Each!)
- Read my Her Majesty’s Closet Fleece AIO Cloth Diaper Complete review and tell me something you learned or found interesting about the diaper! (1 Entry)
- If your blog is Carbon Neutral, you get an extra entry! Please leave your link to your blog! You can learn how to do this on my blog post My Blog is Carbon Neutral, Is YOURS?! (1 Entry)
- If you made a donation of any amount to the Cloth Diaper Foundation you get 10 extra entries! Learn details on how to do this on my recent post The Ying and Yang of Life and Help The Cloth Diaper Foundation Please! It’s a great cause! (10 Entries)
- If you helped out The Dirties on Diapering and got extra entries there (anywhere from 1-40 extra entries!) post those entries as well! You can find out how to get these extra entries at my blog post HERE! Requirements for these extra entries must be done before this ends on Oct 23, 4:59pm EDT to qualify, but you may still use these extra entries in giveaways for a month, or until the end of the year if the project is funded! This is an amazing chance at extra entries! 🙂 ** This project did not meet it’s goal and so had to re-start. No one was charged for their pledges! You MUST pledge again to qualify for these extra entries, follow my link! If this does not meet it’s goal, as before, no one will be charged, but let’s hope it does! 🙂 **
- If you liked Diaper Duckling on Facebook and told me you did so for 2 extra comments, claim those now! These extra entries are not available anymore.
- Any other extra entries please put in also, I will check and approve them, so be sure I know what you’re referring to in your entry! 🙂
The product(s) provided for the review (1 Fleece AIO Cloth Diaper and 2 Fleece/Terry Cloth Wipes) was sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. The opinions expressed are 100% my own. Text in Italics is from the company’s website or otherwise sited from party it was received from.
Giveaway is open to USA and Canada Only! Giveaway will end Nov. 12th @ 11:59 PM (CST). Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond after I contact via email. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck and thank you for supporting SAPsMaMa!
Thank you Melissa from Her Majesty’s Closet for the wonderful diaper and wipes! It was fun trying them out and discovering a new side of cloth diapering! Keep up the great work!