Manely Recycled Sponsor Spotlight, Review, and Extra Entries!!
It does not come around too often, but sometimes you find something so unique that you have to just sit down and say “Wow! How did they ever think of that?!”
That is how I feel with Manely Recycled! Manley Recycled is Amy’s store where she creates amazing stick ponies for toddlers and children from ONLY recycled materials! Her mission is to “Let no useful material go to the landfill” and she can come up with some very imaginative designs to please your child (and your!) creative imagination! What better toy for imaginative play than a handmade pony made out of safe recycled materials that you know will be treasured?
I was lucky enough to review one of Amy’s Manely Recycled creations! She even entertained my extremely imaginative side and created something special just for SAP! ….. A Dragon Pony!
Amy made two dragon ponies and let me pick which I liked…or rather, I let SAPsDaDa pick! Though I was tempted to get more ponies from Amy I stuck with just the one…If I’m not careful I will start collecting them! She keeps coming up with new ideas all the time!
SAPsMaMa Thinks: Manely Recycled Pony
I received the pony from Manely Recycled in the mail sooner than I had anticipated! The “Dragon” Pony was awesome! The fabric that Amy had picked out was such an excellent choice and all the details just made it come to life! I can only think of the stories and tales that a child would come up with with such a toy! The eyes were stitched on with different sizes and colors of fabric, she had put “spines” on the back of the dragon pony’s head instead of a mane, and even had a tongue sticking out like a lizard or a dragon that would be breathing fire! I had seen pictures online of the pony before I received it but that was nothing to seeing it up close and personal!
I was sooo tempted to give it to SAP right away, but decided to wait for a special occasion such as after she did good potty training….well, that didn’t happen but she got her pony anyway! How can I resist my cute little girl? I could not wait to see her reaction! And WOW did she have a reaction! Luckily I had the camera at the ready and caught it on film! Oh the memories, the little shriek of joy that came out of her mouth was just so cute!
The funny thing is, you never know what a kid will do with their toy! You would THINK they would take the stick “pony” and ride around the house with it playing pretend. Did SAP? Well, she did, but not right away! First, she treated it like a doll or a baby doll. She carried it around, gave him kissies, “pet” the dragon “nice”, and tried to put him Night night on her changing mat!
Petting the Dragon Pony “nice”!
She did eventually ride the Dragon Pony but we had to do some demonstrations first to show her how to ride it! She got a big kick out of that, haha. Afterward, she kept bringing her pony back to us for us to ride it! Silly girl. Once she did get the hang of it she was riding the dragon pony everywhere in the house! she was going so fast it was hard for me to get a picture that wasn’t blurry, but I got one!
I think SAP has made a new friend 🙂 She’s been carrying her pony around for days now doing everything with it when she’s home. I am very happy with the quality and skill that went into making it, it is very artistically done and it is well put together. I always worry about toys and how SAP will handle them, she is not the most gentle, and I worry that something special I got her will not last, but Amy’s ponies are built well and I anticipate many years of play with this one! Just look at the love these two have for each other!
What SAPsMaMa LOVES about the Manely Recycled Ponies!
- Creative, and very unique! There will never be two alike!
- I love how Amy makes things besides ponies too! Dragons, giraffe, seahorse, zebras, unicorns!!
- Great for imaginative play, social interaction, and more for children to grow and develop! Plus it’s active play, instead of vegging out in front of the TV!
- They are made out of ALL recycled materials! Great for the environment and less toxic for your child!
- Small enough that it is easy to store and perfect size for a toddler!
- Did I already say I love the dragon?! 🙂
Suggestions For Improvement: There’s Always Room For Improvement!
- The bottom of the stick the “pony” is on is flat, I would love to see something done with it! Round it off somehow, or add a little fabric cap to the end? So it would lessen the impact if a child were to run into it or something during play! Plus would make it cuter!
- Attach the “bridle/reins” to the pony, whereas right now they’re just wrapped around and tied at the end. I’m a little worried they might get lost over time, SAP has a fascination with ribbon…like a kitty cat or something!
About Manely Recycled!
WAHM dedicated to using only upcycled materials in creating fantastic products primarily in the area of imaginative play for children.
She not only makes stick ponies, but also pencil toppers and other little crafts using recycled materials!! Very creative work!
Some of my favorite stick “ponies” she has made:
Amy’s newest creation, a custom Sea Horse!! I keep giving her new idea..next I want a dinosaur, and I thought of a griffin but that just won’t work on a stick…lol
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/audioamy
Facebook Store: http://www.facebook.com/ManelyRecycledbyaudioamy
Amy will create one (1) custom pony for one (1) winner in the Homemade With Love Winter Giveaway Event!! Wow!
Handmade With Love Extra Entries!!
IMPORTANT: These entries are Extra Entries for the Handmade with Love Event. In order for Pre-entries to qualify you will also have to do the mandatory entry for the Handmade With Love Event between Feb. 2nd – Feb. 6th.
Leave a separate comment for each entry please and include your email address if it is not easily visible in your profile.
Enjoy and have fun!!
- Visit Amy’s Facebook Store (Photo Albums) and tell me what you think you’d have her make, or what pony you would most like to purchase, if you won! (1 Extra Entry)
- “like” Manely Recycled on her Facebook Fan Page! Please leave your Facebook first name and last initial for verification! (1 Extra Entry)
- “Heart” Manely Recycled on Etsy! (1 Extra Entry)
- Tell me what cute, imaginative things you think your little one would do with a pony like those Amy makes at Manely Recycled!! (1 Extra Entry)
Thank you Amy for making such wonderful ponies and for sponsoring this event! Your work is wonderful! SAP is especially happy 🙂
The product(s) provided for the review (1 Manely Recycled Pony) was sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. The opinions expressed are 100% my own. Text in italics except under images is taken from the sponsor’s website or otherwise cited.
Giveaway is open to U.S. only. Giveaway will begin Feb. 2nd, 2011 as part of the Handmade With Love event and close Feb. 6th, 2001. Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond after I contact via email. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck and thank you for supporting SAPsMaMa!